ASSESSMENTS - Assessment of your loved one's living situation to identify his/her needs. The following services are included:
- Intake of information from the care recipient and family members.
- Preparation of a written report (1) identifying problem areas, (2) the impact on the older person and family members, and (3) possible solutions to the issues.
TRANSITION SERVICES: Assistance to ensure you live at home safely as your needs change:
- Medication reminders.
- Coordination of appointments with healthcare providers.
- Coordination of outside services such as home health aides and nursing care.
- Coordination of transportation services.
- Removal of clutter and organization of your home.
FALL ASSESSMENTS - Determination of the level of fall risk by:
- Inspecting the home.
- Evaluating the health status of the homeowner.
A written report of the findings and recommendations will be provided.
HEALTH PROMOTION EDUCATION - Individual lessons in areas of medication and driving safety, diabetes prevention, food safety, and effective communication with health care providers. Other topics are available upon request.
MOVING SERVICES: If you can no longer remain living safely in your home, the following services are available:
- Assistance researching alternative housing choices such as assisted living communities and nursing homes.
- Assistance readying your home for sale.
- The coordination of packers/movers.
- Assistance becoming accustomed to your new home.